Hi Crew!
We had a wonderful first day together! We toured the school, learned lots of new routines, came up with Crew agreements for our days together, played, read silly books, had 3 recesses and PE with Mr. Doug. We packed a lot in!
A few quick notes:
Please send in an extra change of clothes if you have not already. These are important to keep our Crew comfortable if needed.
Send more for snacks! :) We had several in our Crew who were "starving" by the afternoon or had eaten everything already. They are using up lots of energy learning, playing and it is a long day. We will send home anything that doesn't get eaten. (Also, there was one unclaimed sandwich sitting in our snack bin at the end of the day- so I apologize for that!)
I am working on a blog to share pictures (Ta Da!). Also, I am setting up our Seesaw account this week, a private & secure site where I will share photos often and eventually our Crew will share their learning as well. I will send the Log-in info to you later this week. Please remember not to share pictures of other peoples' children on your social media unless you have that parent's approval.
We will have regular Arrival, with Ms. Martha and I waiting at the classroom for our Crew. You can use the Kiss-and-Go line, utilize older siblings to walk them to our room, or park and walk them up yourselves. If you do enter the building, you will need to check in at the front office first and show your Driver's License if you are not yet in our system. You know your child best and how they will do with or without you coming in! I will share that once we got in our room and began playing, we had NO tears today! Woohoo!
See you all tomorrow!
~Ms. Lauren & Ms. Martha
The walls say "under construction." I like to have the crew help me decoarate and choose colors in the classroom to help them feel ownership and belonging in our learning space.
All ready for our first day!
Purposeful play to start our day!
We gather in Morning Meeting to greet each other, read the morning message, go over the schedule, and play teambuilding games.
We read some fun stories today, such as A Letter From Your Teacher on the First Day of School, The Pigeon Has To Go To School, and This is the Teacher.
Here were our first thoughts about Crew Agreements for our classroom. We may add and refine these a bit before I make poster for our wall to display them.
Working on coloring name tags for our hallway cubbies.
Lunch time!
Ms. Trena, our wonderful principal, came to read her All About Me book.
A highlight of the day was going to PE with Mr. Doug.
For Closing Circle, we shared a highlight from our day and sang "The More We Get Together."
What a GREAT first day!
We Are Crew!
Love, Ms. Lauren & Ms. Martha